Due to the current situation concerning Covid-19, the Agora will no longer take place in June 2020. We are currently looking for alternative dates for the summer 2020 and will inform you as soon as possible.
Applications will remain open until further notice.
- Being aged between 18 and 35 years old;
- Being citizen or long-time resident of one of the following groups of countries:
- European Union
- EU candidate or potential candidate countries
- EU Neighborhood countries
- EFTA countries
- Level of English language at least equal to B2
Number of participants
130 young and passionate individuals with a variety of academic, professional, political, cultural, and geographical backgrounds.
Items needed for your application
- Your CV
- One minute motivation video (not mandatory, but highly appreciated)
- The right motivation
The participation fee amounts to 190 Euros and includes:
- participation to all BEA20 activities;
- accommodation at the European Youth Centre Budapest (dates TBD) for a total of 4 nights (accommodation will be provided in double rooms – breakfasts, lunches and dinners are all included);
- attendance certificate;
- participation to local trips and extra activities in Budapest;
Travel expenses to and from Budapest are not included. For those participants already living in Budapest the fee amounts to 80 Euros and does not include accommodation at the EYCB (point #2 in the list above).
In addition to the assessment of these items (to be submitted in the application form), successful applications will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Interest and/or curiosity towards the European project. We are looking for citizens who are eager to contribute to the relevant discussions for Europe’s future. Being an academic expert on European affairs is not a requirement to join the Agora.
- Adherence to the values of reciprocal respect and tolerance, as well as a willingness to listen, engage and exchange with people that think differently;
- Diversity of past experience, culture, and professional/academic background;
- Motivation and enthusiasm in engaging in participatory democracy.
In addition, kindly note that:
The selection committee will follow a balanced approach to ensure that as many nationalities as possible and an equal gender representation will be achieved at the Agora. Also, Scuola di Politiche will be in charge of selecting all Italian applicants.
Timing of selection
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, applications will stay open until further notice.