Applications are now open!
Applications deadline on April 5th, 2019
- Being aged between 18 and 30 years old;
- Being citizen of one of the following groups of countries:
- Level of English language at least equal to B2
Number of participants
- 130 young and passionate individuals with a variety of academic, professional, cultural, and geographical backgrounds.
You will need
- Your CV
- A 1 minute presentation video
- To answer questions about you and the EU
In addition to the assessment of the Curriculum Vitae and a 1-minute motivational video (to be submitted in the application form), successful applications will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Interest and/or curiosity towards the European project. We are looking for citizens who are eager to contribute to the relevant discussions for Europe’s future. Being an academic expert on European affairs is not a requirement to join the Agora.
- Adherence to the values of reciprocal respect and tolerance, as well as a willingness to listen, engage and exchange with people that think differently;
- Diversity of past experience, culture, and professional/academic background;
- Motivation and enthusiasm in engaging in participatory democracy.
In addition, kindly note that:
- Scuola di Politiche will process and assess applications from all Italian candidates, with the exception of Italian candidates already in the network of L’Académie Notre Europe.
- The selection committee will follow a balanced approach to ensure that as many nationalities as possible will be represented at the Agora.
- The selection committee will follow a balanced approach to ensure that there will be an equal gender representation at the Agora.
Timing of selection
- Applications will close on April 5th at 23:59 CET.
- Successful applicants will be notified via email and selected candidates will have 10 days to confirm their participation and secure their spot by paying the participation fee (see below).
- After these 10 days, those who did not secure their participation will not be considered anymore and their spot will be offered to other applicants on a waiting list
- In order to participate to the Agora, selected individuals will need to arrive by their own means at the European Youth Centre in Budapest on July 10thand check in by 3.00 pm
- Activities are mandatory and will conclude on July 14th at 1.00pm.
- In case of a successful application, applicants will be asked to pay a participation fee of 290€ to confirm their spot.
- The participation fee covers accommodation, meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and all planned activities.
- The organization will not cover the extra costs incurred by individual participants during their free time.
- Few spots will be reserved for participants already living in Budapest – who therefore will not need accommodation – and for them the fee will be 180€
- The applicant is responsible for arranging, at his/her own expense, life, health and other forms of insurance coverage during the time in Budapest.